Copenhagen Life Science Summit - a day full of inspiring talks from prominent industry leaders and networking opportunities with life science companies and peers.
Synapse thanks everyone
who made this year's Copenhagen Life Science Summit possible
See you next year!
Synapse's Copenhagen Life Science Summit (CLSS) is a conference for all life science students, Ph.D.’s and young professionals. The overall concept is simple - the conference provides a great array of high-quality talks and viewpoints from important members of the Danish life science industry and a great opportunity for networking with like-minded peers.
Why should you participate in this event?
This event will broaden your horizon and enlighten you on a series of themes of speaks from the very best within their field. While you can engage with them after their speak, it is also the perfect opportunity to extend your network by meeting students with a different life science background than yours. Life science companies will also be present and are eager to meet and answer relevant questions from each and every one.
Where and when is next year’s Copenhagen Life Science Summit?
The event usually takes place on a Friday in May in UCPH’s Ceremonial Hall, inner Copenhagen. We plan the event having the exam periods in mind.
It was a great pleasure to present at the Copenhagen Life Science Summit 2017. The interaction between the students and the life science industry plays a key role in securing future talent fo Danish life science.
Kåre Schultz - CEO of Teva Pharmaceuticals
On May 18th 2018, Synapse held the third consecutive Copenhagen Life Science Summit. The main focus of this year's summit was "interdiscplinarity" and each speaker gave their own take on how to innovate and collaborate within the life science industry. The speakers attending were:
- Søren Bregenholt (Chairman of the Board, Medicon Valley Alliance)
- Jan van de Winkel (CEO, Genmab)
- Janine Erler (Professor at Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, UCPH)
- Richard Wright (General Manager, Roche)
- Mads Emil Matthiesen (CEO, CathVision)
As an addition to this year's summit a fireside chat with the topic: "Benefits of interdiscplinarity within the life sciences" was held. The panel included:
- Morten Sommer (Professor, DTU)
- Niklas Magnell (Associate Director, AstraZeneca BioVentureHub)
- Anna Haldrup (Head of Department of Food Sciences, UCPH)
- Anna Gran (New Ventures Lead in the Nordics, Johnson&Johnson Innovation)
During the day the participants also had the opportunity to meet and network with our partners that were present at the summit with a stand: Accelerace, The Boston Consulting Group, Bristol-Myers Squibb, HØIBERG and Roche
We thank all the speakers, partners and participants that made this summit possible!
On May 5th, 2017, Synapse held the successful Copenhagen Life Science Summit 2017 (CLSS ‘17), which was a one-day conference for 250 participants in the center of Copenhagen. The speakers attending were:
- Robin Evers (SVP of Global Safety, Regulatory & Medical Affairs, Novo Nordisk)
- Kelli Hayes (Director for Corporate Strategy, Chr. Hansen)
- Marianne Thellersen (Director for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, DTU)
- Petter Björquist (CEO, NovaHep)
- Kåre Schultz (CEO, Lundbeck)
- Morten Sommer (Professor, DTU and Co-founder of Biosyntia)
- Car0line Hart Sehested (Head of Early Talent & Outreach, Novo Nordisk)
- Rasmus Larsen (Provost, DTU)
Each speaker contributed with their take on the current industry state and subjects such as innovation, stem cell research, bacterial synthetic biology, and the resulting opportunities and challenges. Moreover, Boston Consulting Group, COBIS, and HØIBERG, were all present and eager to meet and network with the participants in a designated stand area.
On May 20, 2016, Synapse held the successful Copenhagen Life Science Summit 2016 (CLSS ‘16), which was a one-day conference for 250 participants in the center of Copenhagen. The speakers attending were:
- Kim Andersen (Senior VP, Lundbeck)
- Søren Brostrøm (Director General, Danish Health Authority)
- Kirsten Drejer (Executive Director, Symphogen)
- Pernille Gojkovic (CEO, Høiberg)
- Tommi Kainu (Partner & Managing Director, Boston Consulting Group)
- Thomas Kirkegaard (CSO, Orphazyme)
- Andreas Laustsen (Denmark’s Coolest Engineer)
- John Zibert (CMO, LEO Innovation Lab)
- Henriette Søltoft (Director, Confederation of Danish Industry)
Each speaker contributed to the theme “The Future of Life Science” with their captivating stories about the current state of the life science industry and what the future is likely to hold for the next generation of students and young professionals. Moreover, Boston Consulting Group, Biobusiness and Innovation Platform CBS, COBIS, HØIBERG, and TFS were all present and eager to meet and network with the participants in a designated stand area.
Sign-up is made possible by
Sponsers of Earlier Events
We would like to thank our sponsors Novo Nordisk Fonden, Industriens Fond, and Dansk Industri for making the Copenhagen Life Science Summit 2016 possible.