- This event has passed.
Synapse BioBusiness Summer School ’18
August 13 @ 8:00 am - August 17 @ 7:00 pm
Synapse Biobusiness Summer School 2018 – Mapping the Life Science Industry
Join us for five fantastic and educational days at the Synapse BioBusiness Summer School 2018. If you are a life science student interested in the business side of the industry and would like to know more about bioentrepreneurship, IPR, project management, regulatory affairs and many other aspects of biobusiness then the Synapse BioBusiness Summer School is perfect for you!
At some point in their career many life science students will work in the industry. Synapse – Life Science Connect is aiming to bridge the gap and give students a taste of the business side of the life science industry at our BioBusiness Summer School 2018. We will explore the different steps of company evolution and go into depths with the various elements of the business side of life science. Furthermore we will look at alternative career paths and how to manage your career as well as many other exciting topics.
Throughout the week our speakers will give inspirational lectures, interactive workshops and tailored case challenges as we will look at how an idea or discovery can evolve into a fully-fledged large company. There will also be plenty of time to network with other students and industry professionals.
During the week our speakers will cover topics such as:
- International Property Rights
- Business Development
- Regulatory Affairs
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Project Management
- Venture Capital
- Case solving
- Career management
- Martin Bonde, PhD, CEO of Vaccibody, Chairman of DANISH BIOTECH
- Rasmus Just, PhD, Senior Director, Head of Business Development at ALK-Albelló
- Søren Bregenholt, PhD, Chairman of Medicon Valley Alliance
- Anders Thelborg, Country Manager at Bristol-Myers Squibb Denmark
- Hans Schambye, PhD, CEO of Galecto Biotech AB
- Christian Vestergaard, PhD, CEO of the Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship
- Mette Kirstine Agger, Managing Partner at the Lundbeck Foundation Invest
- Stephan Chrisgau, PhD, Senior Partner at NOVO Seeds
- Pernille Gojkovic, PhD, CEO of Høiberg Patent Attorneys
- Lars Lüthjohan, Owner of Mazanti-Andersen Korsø Jensen & Partnere
- Will Wright, Business Accelerator & Investment Manager at Accelerace
- Martin Holm, Executive Search Consultant at Heidrick & Struggles
Date: 13th – 17th of August
Location: Faculty Club, Panum Institute
Entry/Admission requirements: Applications: Open for all students, recent graduates, PhD or post-docs within life sciences from all universities in the world.
Application deadline: July 1st (23:59)
Upon application please attach CV and a one-page motivation letter.
– Lunch will be provided without cost every day
– Optional evening activities will take place
– Mandatory programme 9-17 every day