- This event has passed.
Synapse Webinar – Defeating Coronavirus (Online Event)
April 29, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Without any doubts, our lives have changed after the spread of the deadly and devastating coronavirus, with more than a million people affected and thousands of deceased. Coronavirus is a worldwide problem that has affected and is still affecting millions of people around the globe. Globally, scientists and health professionals are making tremendous efforts to fight it with vaccines, new and currently available drugs and new technology.
Synapse is hosting this online event “Defeating Coronavirus – How Life Science and Health Care Are Adapting to Pandemics” to shed light on the current status and future perspectives for life science industry, academia and health care.
We will hear the perspective of doctors, companies working with diagnostics, vaccines, and other initiatives related to fighting the pandemic. By hearing from these different professionals, this event will allow us to have realistic expectations about the future of this pandemic. It will also provide an insight into what have been the main challenges and adaptations in the life sciences and health care systems. All in all, we aim to contribute to the understanding of the issues we have faced, are facing now and will face in the future.
◦ Niels-Henrik von Holstein-Rathlou, Senior Vice President, Biomedicine & Health Sciences (Coronavirus Initiatives, Novo Nordisk Foundation, Denmark)
◦ Anders Wolff, Professor (DTU Bioengineering, Denmark)
◦ Heather Thomlinson, Clinical Diagnostics Business Unit Leader (Promega, US)
◦ Richard Johnsson, Head of Peptide Chemistry (Read Glead Discovery, Sweden)
◦ Jeppe Alexander Hertz, Project Manager Vaccines & Oncology Integration (GSK, collaboration between GSK & Sanofi, Denmark)
Participation is free
The online event is available here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8246776319765728523
(Notice: Registration does not guarantee a spot for the webinar as the event has a maximum capacity)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding the event.
The Synapse Team