... A deep dive into the Medicon Valley Life Science Cluster ...
Connect Medicon Valley is a 3 day showcase of all the amazing science underway on both sides of Øresund. In 2021 Connect Medicon Valley will take place from the 17th-19th November. We will be visiting large and small biotech and exciting start-ups, and seeing how all these players contribute to the ecosystem here in Medicon Valley. The full program of visits and talks will be released close to the event date
The Innovative heart of Scandinavian Life Science Innovation
Medicon Valley is the crucible of Scandinavian life sciences. Located at the gateway to Denmark and Sweden it has a vibrant ecosystem and deep talent pool underpinned by world-class life science universities and research infrastructure. Globally, Medicon Valley is perceived as being on of the leading international life-science clusters in Europe.
Set in a competitive business environment with the Scandinavian quality of life close at hand, Medicon Valley is an attractive location for both business and people.
Scandinavian innovation is globally recognized and our life sciences reflect this. Within Medicon Valley we have a rich life science heritage and pioneering spirit that continues to attract many successful companies. Companies like Novo Nordisk, Genmab, Chr. Hansen and Lundbeck are representative, but so too are the many smaller innovative start-ups who continue to energise the area.
Medicon valley in numbers:
- 42,000 people employed in life sciences
- 90% of Scandinavian life science graduates
- 9 universities conducting research within life sciences
- 14,500 life science researchers
- 6,000 PhD students
- 350 biotech, medtech & pharma companies with local R&D
Find out more about Medicon Valley in the video produced by Medicon Valley Alliance, the cluster membership organisation.
APPLICATIONS ARE SOON OPEN
Date: 17th – 19th of November, 2021
Location: In Medicon Valley (Sweden and Denmark)
Entry/Admission requirements: Open for all students, recent graduates, PhD or post-docs within life sciences
Application period: TBA
Price for event: 500 DKK
You will get:
- Mandatory programme 9-20 every day
- Lunch will be provided without additional cost every day
- Dinner will be provided witout additional cost Wednesday and Thursday
- Accommodation in Copenhagen from Wednesday-Thursday AND from Thursday-Friday without additional cost
- Social evening activities will take place Wednesday and Thursday
- Several company visits and netowrking at Medicon Valley industry leaders
- Networking with like-minded people
We will notify selected applicants within two weeks after application period has ended.
In order for an application to be eligible you must include the following:
- CV (PDF)
- 1 page motivational letter, where you address the following:
- Your motivation for participating in the Connect Medicon Valley
- What can you bring to the team work, and what do you hope to learn during the event?
If above criteria are not met your application will be disregarded.
Synapse follows the current COVID-19 recommendations and requirements presented by the Danish and Swedish government and public health authorities. Synapse are following regulations and guidelines closely in order to ensure that all safety measures are met during Connect Medicon Valley.
Please address questions to firstname.lastname@example.org